Stacking The Shelves {8}





I've decided to do Stacking The Shelves with a small roundup, inspired by Giselle from Xpresso Reads and Tynga's Reviews.


Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

So I just got back from my small trip (a two hour drive down to view a horse) and since I'm not too brain dead from the drive and heat I thought I would quickly get in a Stacking the Shelves while I'm here. I wanted to do my first official vlog (as part of my 2013 Bucket List), but I decided to do that later since I'm in no appearance to be on camera.

Anyway, last week I had to take my sister to the library to get a biography and naturally, I cam out with a pile of books too. I'm quite proud of myself for the restraint actually, but here they are:






Blood Red Road by Moira Young
The Carrie Diaries by Candice Bushnell
Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic
Black Heart by Holly Black
Red Glove by Holly Black
White Cat by Holly Black

Not shown: Soloist by Steve Lopez
Severed (Fated, #2) The Torn Wing (The Faerie Ring, #2)
Severed by Sarah Alderson (ebook)
The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton (ebook)

That however is the last of my restraint. In case none of you know, I have a Kindle which I adore. I'm also supposed to be a part of the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge (yes, it's the character from Gilmore Girls). You can read more of that here. Basically, I epically failed when it came to reading books from the list so when I said in my 2013 bucket list post (here) I said I would read 100 books from that list.

I knew for a long time that the Shakespeare plays (majority of them) were free for the Kindle. What I didn't know was that they had a bunch of classics for free also. 

So I went crazy. Here's a list of everything I downloaded:

The War of the Worlds by H.G Wells
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Paradist Lost by John Milton
The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
The Legends of King Arthur and His Knights by Sir James Knowles
The Odyssey by Homer and Alexander Pope
The Memoris of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Adventures of Sherlock Homes (Illustrated) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Around the World In 80 Days by Jules Verne
Grimm's Fairy Tales by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
Dracula by Bram Stocker
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Tom Sawyer's Comrade by Mark Twain
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Shakespeare:
Othello
King Henry collection
King Richard II
Hamlet 
As You Like It
Twelfth Night
A Midsummer Night's Dream


Now you understand why I say my restraint ended. Despite the overload and knowing that not all of them are on the Rory Gilmore Challenge, I'm very excited to start head first into this collection.

I do have a question though: are you interested in seeing reviews for classics? I know that a lot of people read classics, but I don't seem many bloggers review them. I think I would do it anyway, but I just wanted your opinion on them.

Link me to your StS post and I'll pop on by!

4 comments:

  1. Wowza that's a lot of awesome classics! Thanks fort sharing!

    My Haul! Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stack! Happy reading :)

    new follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/stacking-shelves-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! I've heard a lot of really amazing things about Holly Black's books so I hope you really enjoy them :)

    Awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow, Shane! :)

    @Eileen--you haven't read them either? I thought I might have been the only one! Haha.

    @Annabelle- I know. I think I went overboard at number ten :$

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews