January 2013 Favourites




I'm pretty excited for this new monthly feature. I absolutely love watching them on Youtube and I thought it'd be a nice new addition to add to the blog. Be warned, this will be a post of random things, not all book related.

January was a bit of an emotionally crazy month for me. Between yo-yoing between what my options were if I weren't going to defer and then finally deciding to defer (which only happened yesterday), things have been pretty crazy. At one point, I felt like I was hanging in limbo, I don't recommend that feeling.  

I did manage to get some reading done, though a lot of my time was been tossed up between being emotionally erratic and my one week where tonsillitis won the war with my immune system. A bit of a rocky start to trying to get back into the habit of blogging, but so far it's coming along.




BOOKS

Fateful by Claudia Gray
Mystic City by Theo Lawrence
Until I Die by Amy Plum

I posted some December reviews:


My favourite book of the month though:

                                                  Fateful
I haven't written a review of it yet, but I absolutely loved this. I was a bit hesitant to read it after falling out of love with her Evernight series, but I just think it was so wonderful. Not too mention the tension was right there from the beginning (I guess because we know what's going to happen--like watching a train wreck!).

MOVIES

When you're sick for a week and all you want to do is sleep when you can't, movies are the perfect solution. You don't have to pay too much attention (unless you're planning on watching the Matrix--which isn't recommended for the sickly) and there's a minimum of an hour and a half gone.
I went to the theatres twice this month to see Pitch Perfect and The Hobbit Part One. Both were absolutely amazing in their own ways. Newly released on DVD I saw Resident Evil: Retribution, Total Recall, Dark Knight Rises, and Bourne Legacy. 
Favourite movie of the month though:
                                                   
This is a no brainer for me. I was laughing all the way through this film and I am a massive Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Brittany Snow fan. I feel the need to state my Aussie pride for Rebel Wilson in this film. She is incredible, not too mention the fact that she improvised during the majority of the film. I wouldn't be able to handle it, I think. I'd blow it by laughing every few seconds!

MUSIC

This month is kind of a surprise for me. While having known this artist for a while, I've never actually fallen in love with his music, simply because it's a genre I don't venture into much. But I have to say that you have to give him a try, because I obviously underestimated how amazing he is. That artist is Keith Urban for his album, The Story So Far.

  
                                          Front Cover

My mum bought this album and has been playing it in her car on repeat and there's not one song on here that I do not love and adore. At the moment, I could honestly listen to it on repeat and not be sick of it anytime soon!

I'm not too sure on how many categories I want to do, but I'll stick to these three for now. Let me know what you think of the whole monthly favourites idea and what your favourites are!

P.S I'm contemplating giving away a copy of each of my three favourites (if available). What do you guys think of that idea? Let me know in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews