Waiting On Wednesday {11}

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Published March 2013 by Simon Pulse

Let the Sky FallSeventeen-year-old Vane Weston is the only survivor of the category five tornado that killed his parents. Every night since the storm, a beautiful, dark-haired girl has swept through his dreams. She's the only clue to his past, and he clings to the hope that she's real.

Audra is real, but she's also a sylph. An air elemental. She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even twist it into a weapon. She's also a guardian--Vane's guardian--and has sworn an oath to protect him at all costs. Even if it means sacrificing her own life.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both of their families, Audra must help Vane remember who he is. He has a power to claim--the secret language of the West Wind, which only he can understand. But unlocking his heritage will also unlock a memory Audra wishes could be erased. And as the storm bears down on them she starts to realize the greatest danger might not be the warriors coming to destroy them, but the forbidden romance that's grown between them.

Set amongst the desert airstreams of Coachella Valley in California, and alive with wonderful wind-swept prose, LET THE SKY FALL is about two teenagers broken by their pasts, divided by their futures, and bound by love.


I just love the unique twist this sounds like it has. Powers revolved around tornadoes? Not to mention this time round it's the female that will be doing the protecting. Kick-ass awesome stuff right? And does anybody else really like the way the title is arranged? There's something about the whole thing that has me curious and wanting more. Ah. Too bad it's not here until March next year! (It's cruelty, really.)

Link me up your WOWs and I'll pop on over!

16 comments:

  1. This is the 6th time I have seen this pick already, very popular this week!

    Claire Reads WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! Really? I only just discovered this the other week! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... sounds interesting. I'll keep note of this and if my library gets it in when it's released I'll be checking it out also (:

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a magical book! Thx for stopping by ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one's around a bit today. I'm not surprised though because it sounds totally awesome. Great pick.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh nice pick! I've heard of this one and I must admit I'm super excited for it. It looks really good. Great pick and thanks for sharing!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first thing that I like about this book is the cover. And then I read the synopsis and I was sold. Seriously! Great pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this on other blog and I'm already excited to read it. Great pick! :D

    Thanks for dropping by!
    Kari Po-Ku Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this one earlier today, and it STILL looks very tempting...lol

    Love the cover and blurb. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing this one, and I've added it to my TBR now too! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pick that I am going to have to check out!


    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2102

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto your post. The premise sounds quite unique. I LOVE your blog name!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Lady Jaye! That really does mean a lot to me :)

      Delete
  12. This is the second time I've seen this book featured today. It sounds awesome so I just had to add it to my tbr list! ;)


    Thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier today :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Thanks for commenting on my WOW !!

    I'm a new follower via GFC. Stop by and return the favor?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just recently discovered this one, and WOW it looks great!!! I can't wait until it comes out! Thanks for stopping by my WOW at YA Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews