Review: Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen




I don't do dangerous. 

Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back.

Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me....





Review:

There is something fairly awesome about Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen. I bought this book on a flim, recognising the cover and loving the sounds of the blurb without having read many reviews. And I have to admit, I wholeheartedly think it was worth it.

I love books that have unique plots, I guess you'd say. It reminded me in a way of the Soul Screamer novels. Just in the way that there was always something going on and it was never all that complicated to follow.

Another thing I loved about Dark Kiss is the unique spin on the angels and demon thing. I have to admit, I'm quite a bit over angels and demons, but Rowen tossed in another little creature which I think seperates this book from others: grays. Grays--Samantha--are people that suck out souls through kissing. And the number of Greys is increasing all too quickly.

Then we enter in Bishop, Kraven, Roth and Zach. These four have been sent down and up (heaven and hell) to basically get rid of all the grays. I loved these boys. Bishop and Kraven get the most spotlight, but you definitely get a feel of the other two. I think it would have been very easy to get the two Hell and Heaven boys mixed up, but Rowen did manage to give them distinct personalities while staying to that mould that people from Hell are sinners and those from heaven don't sin as much (I say this really loosely because my knowledge of heaven isn't all that broad).

I know some people have complained that the writing was too telling and not enough showing, but I honestly didn't notice it all that much. I was definitely caught up in the plot and characters way too much to notice.

All in all, I loved Dark Kiss. I think it was a fantastic novel with enjoyable, hilarious characters and a unique spin on a dried out demon/angels tale.


Review: 5 stars
Date Published: May 29th 2012
Publisher: Harlequin

Source: Bought
Format: paperback
Date Read: June 2012
Page Count: 348
Series/Stand Alone: The Nightwatchers #1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews