Review: Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic









Nck tells the story of his physical disabilities and the emotional battle he endured trying to deal with them as a child, a teen, and a young adult. “For the longest, loneliest time, I wondered if there was anyone on earth like me, and whether there was any purpose to my life other than pain and humiliation.” He shares how his faith in God has been his central source of strength and explains that once he found his own sense of purpose—inspiring others to make their lives and the world better—he found the confidence to build a rewarding and productive life without limits. 

Nick offers practical advice for realizing a life of fulfillment and happiness by building trust in others, developing supportive relationships, and gaining strength for the journey. He encourages the reader by showing how he learned to accept what he could not control and focus instead on what he could. 

Life Without Limits is an inspiring book by an extraordinary man. Born without arms or legs, Nick Vujicic overcame his disability to live not just independently but a rich, fulfilling life, becoming a model for anyone seeking true happiness. Now an internationally successful motivational speaker, his central message is that the most important goal for anyone is to find their life’s purpose despite whatever difficulties or seemingly impossible odds stand in their way. 


Review:


There are two things I want to say about Life Without Limits. One is positive, the other one not so much.
  1. It was extremely inspirational
  2. It was extremely long

I’ll talk about number one first because... well, it’s number one. Duh. I cannot count how many times an experience or phrase or perspective Nick included that was awe inspiring. Seriously. I cannot. I don’t have enough fingers.

When I first started, all I could feel was sorry about Nick’s condition. He was born without legs or arms and I don’t know whether I could be okay with that. But then you read the first chapter and I couldn’t feel pity for him anymore. Not because I’m a horrible person or anything, but because Nick conquered so many things that he was inspiring and is a well deserved idol. Hell, he does stuff I can’t even do. Like surfing and snorkelling and rolling over your head (because I’m about as flexible as wood).

You really get to know Nick in this book. However, the consequence of knowing Nick is that this book seems to drag. It did take me a while to get through it simply because each chapter has so much that you actually need to process. No skim, light reading here, folks.

image

This is a short review, mainly because I felt like there’s only a few things to say about it. The amount of inspiration you get from this book is astounding and there are some fantastic life lessons in here that are shared. One thing that should be mentioned for those who want to read this is that there is a lot of Christianity talk in this as it’s such a big part of Nick’s life. I personally found it a bit uncomfortable in the beginning, but soon got used to it, but I feel like that’s just something that should be mentioned if you’re not comfortable with that.

Rating: 3.5 stars
Date Read: March 2013
Date Published: October 2010
Publisher: Random House

Memorable Quotes:

"... Life isn't always rosy, but it is always worth living."

"When offers and breaks come your way, or when you create them for yourself, you must ask yourself, does this match up with my purpose and my values?"


"When we feel entitled to the good in life, we feel robed and outraged when something happens to makes us uncomfortable."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews