Review: Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

The last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan--an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year. But when Cammie wakes up in an alpine convent and discovers months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole. The only traces left of Cammie’s summer vacation are the bruises on her body and the dirt under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.

Once she returns to school, however, Cammie realizes that even the Gallagher Academy now holds more questions than answers. Cammie, her friends, and mysterious spy-guy Zach must face their most difficult challenge yet as they travel to the other side of the world, hoping to piece together the clues that Cammie left behind. It’s a race against time. The Circle is hot on their trail and willing stop at nothing to prevent Cammie from remembering what she did last summer


Review:

Oh my gosh, guys. I can't even...

Review to come when I'm brought back from death by how awesome this book is. Even if I think Carter took a cheat with the lost memory plotline.

27th:

Okay. I think I can do this now.

Firstly, I'm just gonna get this off my chest. Ally Carter needs to publish these books faster. I know that the publishing process is long, but two years between books is honestly annoying. It's bad to wait a year (which is usually standard for most sequels), but two years? Annoying. By the time GG5 came out, I had kinda forgotten what had happened.

Which brings me to my second point. Not remembering doesn't matter because Cammie doesn't remember either.

Biggest. Cop out. Ever.

Honestly.

I understand that all the torture that people suspected happened to Cammie couldn't be shown in a YA novel. I understand that Carter managed to pull off the memory stint, but I'm still angry. This memory stint is such a cop out in my view. I would have rather read a novel that involved Cammie trecking around the world, being chased, figuring it all out rather than the novel that we got. To be perfectly honest.

Okay. Off my chest.

Now to the good stuff.

This novel, despite its major cop out, was really good. I found that there wasn't many--or any--boring scenes and the turns kept coming. Again and again. And it was good to get some closure for Cam's Dad; to find out what happened to him after five novels. It was also this installment that you realise how the tinest details from the first couple of books really came together.

When I turned to the last page, I was left with a good feeling and a craving for the next book. I have taken 1 star off because of the cop out, though. Otherwise this would have definitely been a five star review.




Review: 4 stars
Date Published: March 13th 2012
Publisher: Hyperion
Source: Bought
Date Read: March 2012
Page Count: 294
Series/Stand Alone: Fifth in Gallagher Girl series.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog! I just got this book the other day and am looking forward to seeing how it is. Thanks for sharing this review!

    New follower, by the way. Would love if you could stop by my blog too.

    Jessica from Booked Up!
    http://www.bookedupbloggers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess! I've been so anxious for this book since GG4. I hope you like it :) I'll be waiting for your review! Hehe.

    Thanks and of course I will!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews