Best 12 of 2012: Books








So this is a part of my Best 12 of 2012 posts and today, the finale since it is the 31st here in Australia, is books!

This year has been a pretty good year for books, even though I haven't read some of the pretty big releases *coughInsurgentcough* that have been sitting around waiting on my shelves. These are books that I've read in 2012, not so much that they were published in 2012.

But without further ado, and in no particular order:

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

What can I say? Julie can do no wrong, even if I didn't particularly love The Lost Prince, she's still a favourite. And thankfully, The Immortal Rules is the book to prove it!



Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)

Timepiece by Myra McEntire

I jumped on this series bandwagon this year when I was given an ARC to this title. And oh my gosh, I feel like an idiot for not have jumped onto this series sooner! It is amazing. It's unique, I love the characters and the plot is pretty darn good too.


Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

I love this series. Clara is one of my favourite heroines and for once I am on the right side of the love triangle. Go Christian!






Storm (Elemental, #1)
Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Chris and Becca may just be my favourite couple from this series and Storm is so far my favourite book. However, with the recent announcement that there will be an additional two books to this series, that may change eventually.


Legend (Legend, #1)


Legend by Marie Lu

What can I say? It was legendary.




Opal (Lux, #3)

Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout

I just finished this yesterday and I cannot stop thinking about the killer cliffhanger ending! Watch out for this review to come soon. This series is a killer and I'm glad I gave it a try after the kind-of-bad-but-now-good Covenant series.


Welcome, Caller, This Is ChloeWelcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell


Even as cliche as this could be at times, it's still a serious killer. I loved the little historical shoe facts and the all the radio speak in it!



Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

I raved about this books for months after I read it, so I guess it's only fair that it has a spot on my favourites of 2012 list!





Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

I read this in the beginning of January as this was a Christmas present and oh my gosh. I have re-read about two times since then I think. Clare may have disappointed me with the new trilogy additions to MI, but this series is more than making up for it!





Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter


This is a series that has grown on me. I was a little disappointed with Goddess Test, and while Henry infuriates me here, Kate is strong and is definitely a reason as to why I love this series.




Everneath (Everneath, #1)


Everneath by Brodi Ashton


I'm just gonna quote my review: "Seriously. It blows"






Otherkin (Otherkin, #1)
Otherkin by Nina Berry

I have been waiting extremely patiently for another Shifter/werecat series for me to fall in love with after Rachel Vincent's shifter series ended and finally it is here! Seriously, guys. Read it.



So link me up to your Best of 2012 lists and I'll check them out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you there, yes you ;)

Thanks for commenting! This is seriously awesome and I promise to try my hardest to get back to you, so do check back if you had a question or something to discuss!

Sadly, this is an award free blog. I really, really appreciate the thought and offer but with grade twelve and other activities as well as blogging, I don't really have all the spare time in the world. But thank you so much for the thought!

Seriously, though. Check back because I love to reply to comments ;)

Ellen.

 

Total Pageviews